Who Else Wants To Know The Secret Of Keeping Mice Out Of Your Eureka Home?
With the fall season in full force, one pest is determined to make its presence known, much to the chagrin of Eureka homeowners. What pest are we talking about? It's none other than the house mouse.
The house mouse is by far the most common rodent encountered by homeowners throughout the United States. Not only are mice a nuisance, but they're also quite dangerous for your property and your health. The reason for this starts with their ability to adapt to nearly any condition and their rapid reproduction. When you face dozens of mice instead of a handful, the infestation can quickly grow out of control.
Besides their sheer numbers, mice can carry diseases, which means they can contaminate anything they come into contact with. Some of the most common diseases associated with mice are salmonella, hantavirus, plague, and they can even cause allergies in children thanks to microdroplets of mouse urine left behind. Also, they create significant property damage thanks to their scurrying and constant need to chew on things.
What Attracts Them
Now that you have a good idea of why house mice are extremely bad news for you and your property, it's time to discuss what attracts them in the first place. The first thing to remember is they are mammals just like people. As such, they're motivated by the same things we are, including:
- Food: They need food to survive, and they're not picky about what they eat. The crumbs that fall off your plate are fair game for mice. Food left out that wasn't covered? It's gone, and the mice have contaminated everything around it.
- Water: Mice need water just like we do, which means if the water is scarce outside, they will come inside to find it in the house.
- Shelter: Colder temperatures outside aren't pleasant for mice. As such, your home's warmth is very attractive to them during the fall and winter months.
- Breeding safety: With shelter and protection from the wild outdoors comes the security mice need to breed, which means you will quickly become overrun if you don't act fast.
The most important thing you can do is take measures that prevent or limit their attraction to your home. Believe us, if your home is practically a fortress, they will move onto someone else's home. Consider the following tips:
- Seal the openings: Mice can fit through holes the size of a dime, which means easy access unless you seal the hole. Use silicone caulk to block this access point.
- Guard food and water: They want your food and water, and they want it to be accessible. By practicing good food storage, picking up crumbs, and ensuring there's no water access, you make an uninhabitable home for house mice.
- Ongoing pest control: Besides the things you can and should do on your own, it's also a good idea to look into professional pest control services to gain the edge you need to win the war against a mouse invasion.
Take Care Of The Mice With Accurate Termite & Pest Solutions
The good news is there are plenty of DIY solutions available, including traps to handle your mouse infestation. However, none of those solutions will help you get rid of the entire problem. Remember, they reproduce rapidly, which means it takes a comprehensive approach to drive them out completely.
That's where we come into play. At Accurate Termite & Pest Solutions, we work hard to deliver on our promise of quality pest control solutions that provide you with the safety and comfort you deserve. With us, your rodent problem will become a thing of the past, and you can look forward to a pest-free home.