Everything You Should Know About Termites In Humboldt County
Homeowners in California may be full of questions when it comes to termites. What do they look like? Is my home at risk? What can I do to prevent a termite infestation? Read on to find out everything you need to know about termites in Humboldt, what they look like, where they hide, and when to call Accurate Termite & Pest Solutions.
What Do Termites In Humboldt County Look Like?
There are three common species of termites found in California, dry wood termites, dampwood termites, and the most common, subterranean termites.
- Dampwood termites grow up to ⅝ inch long, are creamy-white to brown in color, have a long oval body, and have a distinct head with pincers located on the mandible. Dampwood termites rarely infest homes because they require constant moisture, thus keeping them mostly outdoors.
- Drywood termites are creamy-white to light brown in color. These termites grow up to an inch long and have long oval bodies. Drywood termites prefer dry wood like that found in attics and can do extensive damage in a short time.
- Subterranean termites can be creamy white to dark brown or black in color and grow to be ⅛ inch long. There are three types of subterranean termites: worker termites that do most of the damage to wooden structures, soldier termites that protect the colonies, and swarmers (winged termites) responsible for reproduction. Subterranean termites do the most damage right between the walls of your home.
How Do I Know If My Humboldt County Home Has Termites?
While it is easy to miss a termite problem at first, there are several tell-tale signs that you may have a termite infestation in your Humboldt county home. Have you noticed doors that seem to fit tight in their frame? If so, this could be a sign that termites are lurking in your walls. Other signs of an infestation include:
- Paint that appears to be bubbled as if water damage has occurred.
- Seeing swarmer termites on your property, especially in the spring.
- Finding piles of discarded wings from swarmer termites.
- Finding small piles of termite feces that resemble sawdust.
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
- The presence of mud tubes leads into your home at the foundation.
What Does A Termite Infestation In Humboldt County Look Like?
Finding out you have a termite problem can be one of the most unsettling discoveries for any Humboldt County homeowner. Having a termite problem can be an expensive problem to have, which is why homeowners shouldn’t delay calling the termite specialists at Accurate Termite & Pest Solutions immediately.
Termites cause up to 30 billion dollars worth of damage to homes each year. Often this damage is not covered by homeowners insurance which can create a significant financial strain for property owners. If caught early, a termite infestation can be eradicated without too much damage to your home’s structure. If left untreated, termites can destroy your home in as little as three to eight years.
How Does Accurate Termite & Pest Solutions Get Rid Of Termites In Humboldt County?
You may be wondering what types of termite treatment options for your home are available. At Accurate Termite & Pest Solutions, we offer multiple termite treatment options for your home that include:
- Sentricon Termite Baiting & Interception System
- Orange Oil Treatments For Drywood Termites
- Bora-Care Termite Control Services
- Applications For Subterranean, Dampwood, and Drywood Termites
At Accurate Termite & Pest Solutions, we start every job with an inspection of your home. From there, we will apply the treatment and follow up until the termites are gone. Every job comes with a guarantee. Call us today to schedule your first inspection!