How Are The Rodents In Eureka Finding Their Way Around Your Home?
Rodents are a common problem in Eureka. They can be found in your home, yard, and even your business. There are many ways that these pests can find their way into your life, but there are also many ways that you can keep them out.
These buggers can not only spread deadly diseases and destroy your property, but they can make your home look unsightly too. Any delay in dealing with them only leads to more problems. Call a Eureka pest control professional as soon as you spot the critters in your home.
Do Rodents Travel In Air Vents?
Yes. It's among the most common ways they enter a home. They can travel through exterior vents and intake vents if there are cracks and holes in the protective screen. These creatures are good climbers and can squeeze their way into small spaces.
Once they are in the ductwork, small rodents will travel to different parts of the house, searching for food and shelter. You may hear them scampering in the walls or ceiling. They could also be nesting in your air conditioning unit or furnace. It's very easy for nocturnal rodents to go unnoticed, considering they move around mostly at night.
How To Block Mice And Rats From Living In The Walls
There are various ways you can keep rats and mice from living in your walls:
1. Figure out how they're getting in. Start by thoroughly inspecting your home, both inside and out. Look for any cracks or gaps that tiny rodents could squeeze through.
2. Seal up any openings with caulk or steel wool, checking back periodically to ensure the sealant is still effective.
3. Remove any potential food sources.
An extra step is being on the listen for any unusual sounds in the walls, like scratching sounds or squeaks, and calling professional pest control services if you hear any sign of rodents in your Eureka home walls.
What Are Non-Toxic Ways To Get Rid Of Rodents?
The best way to get rid of rodents is putting your trust in the professionals, but there are natural methods to reducing your chances of a large infestation. Here are a few natural ways that you can keep these pests at bay:
- Soak some cotton balls in peppermint oil and place them around your home in areas where you've seen rodents.
- Make a homemade repellent by mixing equal parts of water and vinegar. Add a few droplets of peppermint oil to the mixture, and spray it liberally around your home.
- Create a barrier around your property with cayenne pepper.
- Dryer sheets are also known to deter all rodents. Place them in areas where you've seen these pests, and they should stay away.
Rodent Control The Easy Way In Eureka
The tips above may yield some results, but only temporarily. A more effective solution is calling a professional pest control company like Accurate Termite & Pest Solutions.
We're a pest control agency in California with over ten years of experience dealing with rodents. We serve residents in Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange counties, and the surrounding areas.
We're punctual and start by inspecting your Eureka home for signs of rodents. We also ask about your experience with them. Afterward, we create a customized service plan to suit your unique requirements once we've spotted them.
Finally, we do follow-up visits to ensure the critters don't return after the extermination. We're friendly, use FDA and California-approved products, and are always available for all your queries. See what we have to offer today.